Tuesday, March 27, 2007

HUGE FROG


Graeme Sawyer holds a 40 cm long cane toad near Darwin, Australia.

Associated Press

DARWIN, Australia -- An environmental group said Tuesday it had captured a "monster" toad the size of a small dog.

With a body the size of a football and weighing nearly 2 pounds, the toad is among the largest specimens ever captured in Australia, according to Frogwatch coordinator Graeme Sawyer.

"It's huge, to put it mildly," he said. "The biggest toads are usually females but this one was a rampant male ... I would hate to meet his big sister."

2 comments:

Nana Cheryl said...

A very cool frog!! I hope this is a friendly species. I wouldn't want to find one in my bed!!!!
Cheryl

Williams Family Blog said...

That is one massive frog!!!

I have seen some pretty big bullfrogs in Algonquin Park but this one is definately the largest.

Thankfully it lives in Australia.

Karen